The volcano forced me into a fabulous 6 day london vacation where the weather was incredible and we were able to do a few more things we didn't think we'd be able to do. I loved the wax museum. I love Beckham.
The last day I was in London I experienced the final part of london city life when my purse got stolen right beneath my eyes--literally. I was upset for about an hour then realized that I had bigger things to focus on and that an expensive bag along with money and other essential things like a drivers license and credit cards really didn't matter in the grand scheme of things. I still love london.
I was so happy to be home once I pulled into my driveway and saw this:
There is nothing I like better than home, especially one that I have lived in for the past 13 years of my life. Some things I have realized about myself while I was in london are...
I have learned to be highly productive amidst many distractions. I have a good sense of direction and can survive without a cell phone. I am very independent- i've always known this but I never thought that I would enjoy walking down Regent Street by myself. I am level headed (for the most part). I am a leader--when i need to be. And I love taking initiative. I also learned that apparently I can survive 4 months worth of huge carb loaded dinners without needing to change sizes. I found these pants in my closet from my freshman year of high school--they still fit. (now, muscle tone is my issue. I do NOT want tube arms--as Chris called them.)
Anyway, cheers for now! I may post randomly throughout the year if I have something interesting to say.
London will always be my second home.
I am posting this from my spring and summer home (the third home)
No comments:
Post a Comment