Friday, April 16, 2010

not my last day

So, I thought today was going to be my last day in London. As a result, I decided to avoid the tube and walk wherever my feet took me with a few of my friends. The morning took a late start when we all found out that flights were being cancelled and we all had to find alternate travel plans for the upcoming week(s). While carrying around my ipod during the day to periodically check the heathrow airport status we first stopped at Nandos.
This place is great for clearing out sinuses--exactly what i needed. Especially the hot sauce.

Then we walked around for the next 4 hours doing whatever we wanted. We walked through Trafalgar Square, Piccidilly Circus, Regent Street and Covent Garden. While in Covent Garden, this street performer was singing some opera and everyone was watching him. He targetted me, anna and Leslie in the crowd, ran up to us, grabbed our hands and started kissing them. I don't think I will ever forget the feeling of his gray beard and slobbery lips on the back of my hand. Nasty. We stopped at the National Geographic store and sat in these rock cushions for a while... then anna lost her tube pass for good.

leslie don't kill me.
We went to tortilla for dinner and then the LONDON EYEball. This would have been the perfect ending to a perfect semester--had it really been the ending. Seeing the city at dusk was beautiful, and it was awesome to see the entire city skyline.



Here is the end of the story today:
I have suctioned away the air with my space saving bags and have packed everything away in suitcases. I have done this way too soon, so I will be wearing strange mismatching outfits for the next few days until this volcano stops blowing up. Until then, I will enjoy all the time I have with my favorite city. Monday is my expected departure date given that the air will clear up.

On that note... summer I am glad you have come. See Anna's blog, she explains it well. Mainly, I am ready to be outside in shorts and not ashamed about my pasty skin. I won't post a pale comparison picture, because i'm sure you've had enough of them already. Vail summer 09.

No comments:

Post a Comment