So I came to a realization. My hometown will always be New Canaan. But my family is what makes my home. Even if it has to be in Dirty Jersey. I think the weirdest part about getting older is the fact that everyone in my family will be in different locations in the next year. I am not sad about this because 2 of my best friends will finally be in the same state as me. Ben will be coming to Provo and Chris to Salt Lake City. Now I don't have to be jealous of every other friend of mine who has a place to go for sunday dinner, a house to crash when they're down, and a sibling to run to when everything in life seems to be burning to the ground. It is hard to be far from home but it will definitely be easier now that 33% of my family will be moving very very close.
Maybe Jersey won't be so dirty after all.
This is what I have to look forward to.

No comments:
Post a Comment