Here is an example of my 1st thru 8th grade list extremity:
7:30am wake up
7:31am put my contacts in
7:33am get in the shower
7:43am get dressed
7:50am do my hair
7:55am eat breakfast
8:05am brush teeth
8:10am put backpack and coat on
8:15am go to school
This gives you a little snapshot of my childhood craziness. Of course, I have abandoned this for the most part over the past 7 years. but I've picked it back up this week. Something about crossing things off a list makes me incredibly happy. So as I was on the bus the other day I made a small booklet full of lists: Homework, Studying methods to start, ruined clothing, last places I want to go, souvenirs I need to buy, first things I want to do when I am home, people I need to talk to when I am back in the states. Here is a picture of my pile of lists. It is out of control. (and yes I did include the London Center sorting hat list from earlier in the semester into this pile)
To sum up this post, lists can sometimes become an unhealthy obsession. But for me, list making in moderation at this time in my study abroad experience is necessary so that I will be able to do everything I need to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment