Here is why I miss vaulting in no particular order:
1. I Like having something I am uniquely good at

2. I miss having muscle tone

3. I don't have anything I do that has a hint of danger in it. Pole vault is dangerous when you don't know what you're doing--but there is always an element of surprise with every jump.
4. I miss the rhythm counting down from 14 steps.

5. It is one of the most fun things to do and is based solely on your strength and speed--no engines, no artificial thrills. Its all real.
6. I miss the atmosphere of track meets, high stress but also excitement when you clear a new height.
7. Teams.

8. Random injuries hurt, but the reason why you get them is because you do freakin awesome random things, like trampoline workouts.

9. Pole-Vault camp. As nerdy as it sounds, it is so fun.

After watching these vaulters for about an hour and a half I have a new goal this summer to get back in to pole-vault shape. I know it is likely that I will never vault again, and I won't try to walk back on to the BYU team, but I want to be able to jump if the situation ever arises. I hope my shoulder doesn't give out. Wish me luck.
good luck. and yay for space saving bags. :)
ReplyDeleteenjoy every last minute there. We're missing you though.
thanks. i would really like to be home right about now.
ReplyDeleteArrin love this post! i miss jumping too.....lets stalk the track this summer. miss you!
ReplyDelete