Monday- Travel on the train to Paris, then to Chartres. The first thing said to me in french involved a lot of strange grunting as I walked with Tori, the blonde bombshell. In Chartres we wandered around the town having our first french pastries and learning how to interact with people who spoke a different language. I picked up a few phrases from Mary Kate, so at least I could tell them that I didn't speak french. At the Chartres Cathedral we learned how to read stained glass windows.
When we got back to paris we went to the eiffel tower at night, ate crepes and walked to the Arc de Triumph.
Tuesday- Versailles trip. I wish there weren't 2000 other tourists there that day, I could barely see any of the artwork on the inside of the building. The gardens were not in bloom. I will come back to versailles the next time I am in paris because I didn't exactly enjoy this place. It was very stressful and I was tense all day. After Versailles we went in a larger group of people to the Muse d'Orsay. I have decided that impressionist art is my favorite. I loved this museum. We met at the hotel that night to go on a boat tour down the Sciene. This was my favorite part of the day, probably because it was so low key. I would like to say I am very happy i have a good sense of direction but I wish others had it too. When you are in a group of +6 people and nobody listens to you but you are trying to direct everyone where to go, it instantly makes the day aggravating. I am not a planner, but I am a director--problematic when you want a relaxing day.
Wednesday- victory! THE PERFECT DAY. I don't exactly have time to describe everything but here is the layout for the day.
Notre Dame- Rooftop tour
St. Chapelle- amazing stained glass
Berthillion Ice Cream
Cluney Museum- Unicorn Tapestries
Eiffel Tower- all the way to the top
The Pompidou
The Louvre
The top of the Arc de triumph
My feet were hurting like they've never hurt before but I was so glad that I got so much accomplished.
Watch this awesome video of anna, reesa, carolyn and sarah struggling to walk through the Louvre.
Thursday- Early breakfast at Angelinas (recommendation from MK) where I had a Criox Madame, one of the best breakfast sandwiches I have ever had and Hot Chocolate. (more like melted chocolate) .
After this breakfast we went to l'Orangerie which is my ALL TIME favorite museum in france. It was small and i loved every single piece of art there. We walked down the Champs- Elysees and stopped at NAF NAF and looked for a longchamp store. Finally found one next to the Opera house. We then went to St. Denis to look for this church for an assignment. DO NOT GO THERE. I can only describe it as the french bronx, only worse than what one could imagine. We got back to the Gare Nord train station and took the train home to london. It was a really weird feeling when 27 Palace court felt like home.
No comments:
Post a Comment