Okay, from this point on this blog could potentially get pretty boring and depressing so I'm going to try to keep it positive. Today I had my first last moment in london. Our last day trip was today, even though the day was filled with many firsts...
(First time punting down the Cam river in Cambridge. First time sitting in row 3 on the coach. First time i can get my hair into a high bun on my hair without any falling out--its getting longer.)
... it was impossible to forget that this trip was the beginning of the end. I hate count downs, but once the number gets small enough I can never forget how soon I pack up my bag to leave. 24 days and I know it is going to fly by.
So here is exactly what has happened over the past few days.
I spent time at portobello road collecting antique maps, architectural plans and boxing gloves. Tourist season has begun, and because I'm technically not a tourist I can admit to being extremely annoyed by them. I like the fact that tourists exist, but I hate when they stand in huge clumps blocking all traffic or walk so slow that you want to punch them in the back of their heads to get them to walk faster. I have gotten good at weaving through crowds. I also went to the TATE modern art museum and I loved it. Modern art is not as weird as other people think, I can understand it, and its not boring even though some people think it is.
I went to St Alvin's cathedral, the American World War 2 Cemetary at Cambridge. It is hard to feel American pride in London because I dislike every American thing I encounter. (McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut) After visiting this place, its hard not to be proud to be an American. The rest of the afternoon in Cambridge was a blast, we went on a relaxing punt tour down the river while learning about the colleges in the town. We rode the coach 2 hours back into London and went to Nandos for dinner. Remind me to not drink a huge diet coke before getting on a long coach ride.
agreed, tourists and lasts are lame. scratch that - slow, clueless tourists are lame.
ReplyDelete