Sunday, March 7, 2010

Marathon

I was the most productive I think I have ever been on a Saturday. Here is what went down.

I woke up and ran through Hyde park. I showered and went to Portobello Road where I bought an antique camera and picked up a muffin and a cup of tea to tide me over for the next few hours. I took a cab to this salon where i made 2 appointments for me and my friend Karalyn. Went back to the bond street tube station and rushed back to the center for religion class. Sat through an hour or so of religion, then talked to friends about the rest of the day. This is when everything gets stressful. A combination of realizing that we are more than halfway through with the program and the fact that we have sooooo much to do created a massive anxiety attack with every person involved. Stress can be good, and stress can be bad. In this case, I didn't like the pressure in the beginning but it forced me to have a crazy productive day. We made a list of the MUST do things for the rest of london and went to five of them on the list.



We went to the Sherlock Holmes museum, the Elvis Presley store and the Beatles store.


We walked through regents park where we thought a swan was dying. It turns out, it wasn't... but Anna and I were very very concerned. I almost cried.




After regents park we took the tube to leicester square and walked to the national portrait gallery, grabbing PRET on the way. This is my FAVORITE fast food. it recycles 96% of everything they sell, plus, it is healthy. We got to the National Portrait Gallery and spent 2 hours there. I got home around 6pm, had my first dinner... then went out to get a burrito and look around the nike store up at piccadilly circus. I got home, talked for a bit then researched the Endymion Crater for my mythology paper. This is the only non-productive thing I've done all day. I'm not sure if that counts though. Sometimes I feel like blogging takes a lot more energy than real work. Okay, off to writing my paper. Cheers!

Oh, and did I mention that it is MARCH FOR MARCH. I will not ride a lift, I will not stand on an escalator. This means that every time i get to the queensway tube station I have to climb every 125 stairs. Today I went up and down them 3 times. My quads are going to be RIPPED. I encourage everyone to march for march. Also, I am considering running a half marathon. I don't want to kill my legs with a full marathon, but this means I am going to get a little bit more serious with my running schedule. Training suggestions anyone? Pole Vaulters run 79'6" for 16 steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment