Tuesday, March 2, 2010

CYMRU


So I have procrastinated with this post for about a week and I think I need to do it before I go on another trip tomorrow.
WALES--was very pretty, very windy and very much like the england. We were in england for most of the entire second day and I had no idea. We stayed at a hotel in Cardiff, and enjoyed what seemed like a honeymoon with Anna Hayes. This was the first time in about a month and a half since I had slept with only one other person in my room (instead of the normal 13).
We went to stunning tintern abbey--cool because it didn't have a roof. I think it made everyone think very deeply for the entire day because there is something weird about seeing a church with lots of normal things missing.

I hung out in a coal mine later in the day. I didn't like it. I was terrified that the tunnels were going to collapse on me and I was going to get stuck in there with the rats and the carbon monoxide. And this picture isn't the coal mine, its the Benbow Farm.

Our last stop for day 1 was a replica welsh village at the Welsh life museum. A bull licked my hand, then I thought it was going to charge me. I thought we were friends, but I guess not.

The next morning we went to Caerphilly Castle right outside of cardiff and had a blast running through the ruins and fighting the cooper boys with invisible weapons. I am still a kid.

For the rest of the day we went to herefordshire, a place where much of the LDS church missionary work occurred during Joseph Smith's time. I found names in a baptismal record book that were possible ancestors, and walked on roads that my great great great.....great great grandparents had walked. We also hiked the herefordshire beacon--one on the windiest places I have ever been. It was the tallest hill in herefordshire with no trees. When I jumped, the wind pushed me so I would land a foot away from where I jumped from.

I loved Wales, I love england, I love MIKA. ( I went to the concert last night--he is an incredible performer )

No comments:

Post a Comment