Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hike and Jane Austen Trip


We went on a 9.6 Mile hike through the countryside on tuesday. Here are some things you probably already know about me: I think sheep are great. I like being outside. It is a secret fantasy of mine to live out in the wilderness with no electronics. I used to pretend I was a sheepdog in 4th grade.

So with these few facts you can only imagine how much I loved the hike. I have been cell phone free since April 17th and I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I have. I completely admit I was an addict, but no longer am. I didn't bring any electronics on my hike, but that isn't much different than everyday life here in london. I made a random horse friend when I gave it my apple and played with a chocolate lab puppy that mucked up my clothes. I fulfilled my life long dream of herding a large quantity of sheep, now I only have to renounce the world as I know it and live out in the boonies.



Today we went to a bunch of Jane Austen sites for our day trip. Beautiful landscapes, and I helped Jake catch a duck. When we got home, we watched Pride and Prejudice (2005) where we saw many of the places we went that day. I don't think I would mind if my guy friends dressed like Mr. Darcey.


A day trip wouldn't be complete with BEAUTIFUL scaffolding. dang it.

No comments:

Post a Comment