Henna. Semi-permanent, mom, don't freak out. It will come off. But I smell like an Indian. We spent the day in India. Not real India, Southall. I had food at a Sikh Temple for lunch and then more Indian food for dinner. We visited a hindu temple as well and it felt like a mixture of disneyland and a bad christmas light job. There are so many colors in that culture and I felt really out of place. I thought I would be fine with my dark hair, but people stared.

For our day trip on wednesday we went to Brighton, Rye and the location of the battle of hastings. In Brighton we visited the Royal Pavilion. (Kellen thinks he is royalty. Seriously.) He told me. This was the first day I saw the Atlantic from the other side of the pond. The sea-gulls are terrifying. One of them tried to land on Anna's head. There was also no sand. Only colorful rocks, which was cool but really really hard to walk in. I took two rocks from the beach and I have been referring to them as fire and ice. I think they're luckier than the life water at the bath house.
At the field where the battle of hastings occurred, there was a herd of sheep. Anna and I chased them around until they were successfully "herded" near the house on the other side of the field. There were ruins from a castle and monastery. Also, there was a set of hedges that looked exactly like the hedges from harry potter 4. We re-enacted some harry potter. I was the possessed Victor Krum. Oh and did I mention that i have a henna dark mark on my arm? Here are the sheep pre-herded...
I am starting to get sick. I'll have to stop at Boots the chemist to get some crazy british cold remedies.
No comments:
Post a Comment