Friday, January 15, 2010

Tower of London


It is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to be unhappy here, even if I hit my head on the bunk bed when I wake up. I was talking with a few of my friends and all we can talk about is that our faces hurt from smiling and our abs hurt from laughing. There is never a dull moment, and there is always something going on. "When you are bored of london, you are bored of life." This saying is 100% true. I don't think that I have ever been so happy.

This morning after breakfast I gave a short presentation on the Tower of London. After the presentation we traveled on the tube to Monument station, then walked to the Tower. Karalyn and I walked there with Prof. Howe and Dr. Cooper, 2:2 the best teacher student ratio I have ever had. Once we got to the tower we went directly to the crown jewels. I can't believe the size of some of those diamonds. I found an allusion to a myth about Dionysus but I can't find any information about the punch bowl the myth was inscribed on. If anyone knows anything about the Grand Punch Bowl from 1829 let me know.

The rest of the tower was as I had remembered it from when I was little, but it was COLD. After our day trip, I felt like I was frozen until a few hours after I got home. We also went to a market across the River Themes. I saw a ton of NASTY meat and dead animals, so instead of eating that, I ate a veggie burger, yummmm. I'll go back to the market tomorrow for lunch.
SO MUCH TURKISH DELIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment