Tuesday, January 26, 2010

To the Bat-mobile!

First off, to clear up any potential confusion on the title of this post. I learned that I can make this really creepy voice that sounds exactly like batman. Now, I have become slightly addicted to using that voice, and It has almost become a second self to me. Arrin, and Arrin with the voice often conflict with each other when serious things are supposed to be said. The voice likes to come out in public areas. The voice likes to comment on pretty things. The voice hasn't come out in class yet, but who knows! The voice has a mind of its own.


A lot has happened in the past week, so I'm going to leave out some and be brief on other things. Sorry.

I went to Westminster Abbey, saw a lot of places where dead people are. It was cool how a king and a poet can be buried in the same building.


I FINALLY went to Platform 9 and 3/4. What an experience. Everyone who knows me knows that I would rather go to Hogwarts than anywhere else. This is the closest I have ever come. Unfortunately the wall didn't work for me this time. It wouldn't let me in because I was impersonating Voldemort. Dang it.


The morning started with breakfast in the servery and Kellen saying to me..."Can you STOP bothering me, I'm trying to eat my muffin!" I told him that he obviously hadn't met my dad, to which the MacFarlane familiy agreed.

That night I saw Les Miserables for the first time! I knew most of the songs before getting there and I have known the story behind the play forever. It was a crazy night. On the tube on the way to the show this creepy guy stood very very close to me face to face, he didn't move and kept alternating staring at my friends then at me. I couldn't move because it was crowded. It was especially awkward because as he was staring at me, my face was two inches from his and I couldn't do anything about it. The tickets were incredibly cheap and we got amazing seats. On the way home, I stepped in purple puke that looked like apple sauce in the tube station. NASTY.

(Anna's voyage to the show was more eventful than mine. She had a bloody old man fall on her. Literally.)


MUSEUMS MUSEUMS MUSEUMS.. I need to make a list. I go to about three a week. I love seeing all of the art, and they are mostly all free. Luh luh loveee LONDON. The picture below is at the Victoria and Albert Museum. Note Anna's hump.

Today (Tuesday) I went to the BEST museum in london. It isn't even a museum but its my favorite place so far. The Sir John Slone Museum is basically a house full of architectural nic-nacs. This building was one of the coolest buildings I have ever been in. Every ceiling was different and there were multi-level courtyards throughout the entire place. There was an incredible amount of detail in every small room, and even though the house was small I felt like I could explore forever. I will definitely be back there. Here's a taste of the SLONE...beautiful organized chaos.


Tomorrow I will be a DAYYYYY TRIPPER. (beatles) But not that type of day tripper. We're going to Battle Abbey, Rye and the Brighton Royal Pavilion.

No comments:

Post a Comment