I went to my first pub this morning! The CHAMPION. I split some fish and chips with Leslie, we had a group of 9 girls there, everyone could completely tell we were American. Due to the noise level. Also, this creepy security guard heard me speak then wanted to talk to me about America, but the only thing he wanted to know about was the size of the Big Macs. I haven't had a Big Mac in years, so I was useless with information for him. whoops! I guess I'm an American failure.

This week has been the first big school week, I read 60 pages yesterday for a political science class. I loved the material so I didn't mind. During a study break I was walking down the 46 stairs from my dorm room in the house and my socks slipped on the first step in the flight. Luckily, I landed on my feet every stair, so it made a ton of noise, but it didn't hurt at all. It was more funny than anything.
I went to Gelato Mio for the first time, it was delicious. Did I mention that I have a new addiction to hazelnut? I have nutella everyday, not that different from when I lived in utah, but it seems more extreme here. I went to Wicked on tuesday night, we were afraid that they wouldn't have any good student tickets so about four of us ran to the theater. We didn't have to run. We had 17th row seats in the orchestra. The tickets were 25 pounds, not to shabby for broadway.

I also went to Trafalgar square and the National Gallery. It was interesting being there again after ten years, I remembered everything. But unfortunately in the winter, they don't have thousands of pigeons. In the national gallery we looked at a few paintings by Van Gogh and Botticelli. It's cool going to a museum without a class or teacher because you're going by choice, and you can see what you want to see and take your time. This week we went to see Big Ben and the River Themes.
The lion was covered in snow, so it was really slippery and wet. Very hard to get up, even harder to get down. Especially when a bunch of locals were looking at us like we had 5 heads. GaGa RAH RAH RAHHH... words of inspiration from Lady GaGa. Mind the GaGa.


Ah, I love Travfalgar Square - it's awesome that you get to go there so easily! Hopefully it will warm up before you leave and you can play with the pigeons.
ReplyDeletep.s. do you need me to send you some thick tights? :)
haha no i'm fine. I have warm tights, just wasn't wearing them. Thank you though. It is supposed to get warmer, we're in a "cold spell." Tower of London tomorrow!!!
ReplyDelete