Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Brain Strain

I don't really know what has come over me this week, but I've been extremely reflective. [I think its because I'm slowly going crazy from the sensory overload of everything around me, including books... Brain Strain] I have enjoyed my alone time whenever I get it, mostly when I run. I am grateful for several things right now... I know it's not thanksgiving, but I need to write this down somewhere, it might as well be on my blog.
I'm grateful for...
1. The opportunity to be in London, I've already talked about this.
2. How great all of my professors are. They are always helpful, and they always care. They are interested in our well being and are more observant than most of the people I have ever known. Sometimes, the professors know when you're feeling down even when you don't know it yourself.
3. Feet that don't hurt anymore. My arch supports have arrived from home, and now I can walk and run without pain.
4. A fast metabolism--I'm pretty horrible at staying away from chocolate, gelato, and a second or third serving of any dinner.
5. Speed reading. I have always been good at skimming unimportant stuff, very important for my polisci class. 100 pages of reading in one night wouldn't be possible if i didn't know how to skim.
6. Change. I have already noticed a few things which I do now that I never would have done before. They're all good, and it makes me less of a menace to society. POR EHEMPLO, I have become good at confrontation. I am not shy to go "skype hunting"--when someone's video skyping it makes the internet slow.-- So I will run up the stairs and yell until I know that everyone has stopped streaming video. This is a dramatic example, I don't scream in all situations, but I am better at confrontation. Also, I am less of an impulse buyer. Today I went to the largest mall in europe and didn't buy anything.
7. Sheep- good sheep in a great country setting provide entertainment, even on rainy days.

London has been a great experience for me and sadly, Friday marks the official half way point. Nobody wants it to end, we're just glad we're here for an entire semester rather than a spring or summer. Tomorrow at 5:30am we get on the bus to Wales. Speaking of Whales, did you hear about the killer killer whale at sea world? In my opinion, we need to leave the whales alone, even if we sometimes save their lives by keeping them in captivity. private goods vs. public goods. The econ side of me wants to keep the whales in swimming pools so that they're SAFE, but the environmentalist hippie side tells me to free willy.

No comments:

Post a Comment