Sunday, November 21, 2010

One-Liners


This week I had a great opportunity to listen and talk to executives from some of the top financial institutions in the United States. Here are some quick words of wisdom I gathered from my week:

Find your answers when things are quiet.

It is easier to swim downstream.

Quick Tips for Success:
1. Get a life.
2. Build a board of directors who are willing to constructively criticize.
3. Do your homework
4. Be empowered but NOT entitled.

Have a passionate point of view to untangle.

You become a better leader by being authentic.

You can't control the wind, but you can adjust the sails.


Wish me luck as I search for an internship. Like one of these wise men said, "Getting an internship on Wall Street is a game." Hopefully by the beginning of the summer i'll have a winning record.

1 comment: