Tuesday, August 10, 2010

DC and the road trip

I've been busy, very busy. Its a good thing. In the past week I went to DC to see Rachel, Shiloh, Harper and Atticus Finch. While I was there I talked to 9 people at 5 different companies and firms (informational interviews). I learned a lot and now feel like I know what to do in order to get where I want to be. I was in business casual for the most of 2 whole days, and I liked it. I met up with Laura at the Metro Center Metro stop (not as cool as a tube stop) and roasted marshmallows at Cosi. After that I thought it would be a good idea to walk to my dad's hotel for some exercise. WRONG. About a half a mile into the walk it started to downpour and I got stuck under the shelter of a tree with no umbrella and an already transparent white shirt. It was a small fiasco.

I also drove my escape out to Utah with my brother. There is a lot of nothing in the middle of the country--pretty sometimes, but mostly a lot of the same. Truck stops are fantastic cultural experiences. We had taco bell twice, 4 bags of beef jerky, 3 boxes of chewy bars, 4 bottles of diet coke, 6 bottles of water and 110 gallons of gas. Here are some pictures my brother took from the trip. The wyoming and utah pictures are still on the camera.





3 comments:

  1. yo you in p town now???

    and i totttally just made almost that same trip. nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. noooo! i'm so sad you got soaked on the way to the hotel :( i hope you still loved your dc trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, laura some old man in a nice suit offered me an umbrella, he thought I needed it more than him. woooo!

    Ahlin, i'll be there the 23rd. a quick trip and a half until i'm back

    ReplyDelete